McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that advises top management of Fortune 500 and other leading companies and institutions as well as governments and nonprofit organizations on issues of strategy, organization, technology, and operations. McKinsey & Company has more than 100 locations in over 60 countries.
The Kazakhstan office is located in Astana, opened in April 2013. McKinsey & Company has set the world's standards of excellence in top-management consulting for 90 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, government agencies, and public-sector institutions, and we support innovative, fast-growing start-ups around the globe. More than 40 consultants work to help clients achieve substantial and lasting improvements in their performance.
Kazakhstan Office of McKinsey & Company is for a Chief Accountant to cover all aspects of local and international accounting to be a part of Astana office team.
The Chief Accountant leads general accounting and taxation for Kazakhstan office and closely collaborates with internal staff as well as with other Finance function departments across various McKinsey offices. The role provides a unique development experience: exposure to an inspiring group of CIS region leaders and an opportunity to build depth in region/office finance operations. Responsibilities include implementing new procedures and streamlining existing procedures.
- Manage statutory accounting, internal and external reporting, tax, regulatory compliance
- Manage external audit, support internal / external control bodies in their activities
- Coordinate accounting and tax reporting with outsourcing company
- Manage cash flow and inter-company transactions
- Provide significant support for global tax, treasury and financial operations functions
- Ensure that internal policies are adhered to within the entire company.
- Education: University degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in similar position in international professional services environment
- Citizenship of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Please send CV only in English
- Computer literacy including mastery of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of other Microsoft Suite software
- Knowledge of accounting software on an expert level (1C platform), ORACLE
- Solid knowledge of Kazakhstan accounting and taxation principles and able to easily navigate financial statements;
- Ability to manage several legal entities within a company, experience with the management of compliance requirements for entities in multiple jurisdictions as a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational ability and keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team skills and customer service attitude
- Ability to maintain confidential information